Notice of public rights and publication of unaudited Annual Return
Accounts for year ended 31 March 2019
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
- Date of announcement: 25 June 2019
- Each year the body’s Annual Return needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by the Audit Commission. The unaudited Annual Return has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2019 these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Fiona MacLeod – Clerk to the Council
34 Normandy Lane, East Preston Village, BN16 1LY
Commencing on 25 June 2019 and ending on 5 August 2019
- Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
- the opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
- the right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the body.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
- The body’s Annual Return is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
Moore Stephens, Rutland House, Minerva Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough PE6 2PZ
- This announcement is made by Fiona MacLeod – Clerk to the Council